[Chicken-users] Question about easyffi

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: [Chicken-users] Question about easyffi
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 13:37:31 +0900

Hi all,

   If I understand correctly, the easyffi extension translates types
of the form TYPE * as (pointer TYPE). Is there some way to specify
custom conversion procedures for a particular TYPE? For example, for
the following C function:

    PyObject *PyObject_CallObject (PyObject *, PyObject *);

I would like to specify Scheme procedures that take a PyObject
pointer, and convert that to a Scheme value, and vice versa.

   I want that each time I call PyObject_CallObject from Scheme, its
arguments are automatically converted to PyObject* values, and when
the procedure returns, the return value is converted from PyObject* to
a Scheme value. Is there a simple way to do this?

  -Ivan