Re: [Chicken-users] wxWidgets

From: Harri Haataja
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] wxWidgets
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 19:04:44 +0300

On 09/07/07, Adhi Hargo <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well then, either we focus on wxWidgets, or FLTK (!).
> I don't mind the latter, IMHO its interface is quite
> clean and simple, a total opposite to wxWidgets albeit
> somewhat limiting usage. Never encounter a buggy FLTK
> app either (lack of exposure?).

I have. Mainly my own, when I tried it :-D

But seriously, I've seen at least one box (or X installation) where
FLTK, and only FLTK would have garbled fonts. It seemed that they were
2px high or something. FLTK is very appealing in some ways, though.

wx I recall as something that tries hard to advertise as cross
platform and native look and fails miserably in the latter. Kind of
like all the Java toolkits. But that's old memory and I don't remember
using any wx apps. I take that as a sign personally, but of course
that means nothing for anyone else's judgement. QT is still a creeping
horror.

Enough opinionated handwaving, I hope :)

--
I appear to be temporarily using gmail's horrible interface. I
apologise for any failure in my part in trying to make it do the right