Re: Re : [Chicken-users] opengl egg naming scheme

From: minh thu
Subject: Re: Re : [Chicken-users] opengl egg naming scheme
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 21:08:53 +0100

2007/3/2, Zbigniew <address@hidden>:
Isn't the only difference the lack of a colon?  It would be trivial to
auto-generate a shim file with all the defines in it that you could
simply include with your code.    Certainly no more difficult than
renaming the opengl egg in the first place.

*If* I started using the opengl egg seriously, I would have done
something similar to convert everything to hyphenated style, e.g.
gl:load-identity, gl:matrix-mode, and maybe eventually just suggested
a patch.  But I haven't used it enough to mind.

Nevertheless I would prefer you not modify the egg itself to do
glLikeThis as it would just be a step backward (IMHO).

Well, I've reverted my code to use the normal opengl egg (so everybody
can use it as is).
But I like your suggestion.

Are defines enough (so to not generate one more function call) ?

Thanks,
thu