Re: [Chicken-users] gui api design -- some thought -- long mail

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] gui api design -- some thought -- long mail
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 08:06:01 +0100

On 2/7/07, minh thu <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi All.

I'm aware of two kinds of GUI event response mechanisms.
(I'm dropping phooey or cello since I don't know them.
Furthermore, their implementation is probably too different
of what I want to talk here.)

Many thanks for your enlightening discourse. Exposing the event-queue
is actually a pretty good idea, since it allows the processing of system
events completely on the Scheme side. I have played with ZMW once,
but found it quite slow. The approach is interesting, though. I think it
would make sense to write a very lowlevel abstraction layer (event-fetching,
toplevel window handling, basic widget operators) and do anything fancy
on top of that.

cheers,
felix