Re: [Chicken-users] Mac OS X: chicken-setup's access to fink-installed l

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Mac OS X: chicken-setup's access to fink-installed libraries
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 21:39:56 +0100

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 03:14:08PM -0500, Stephen C. Gilardi wrote:
> Thanks for the info.  It appears that "csc" offers the options I need
> "-I/sw/include -L/sw/lib", but "chicken" (according to The User
> Manual and "chicken -help") doesn't.  When I include these in
> "CHICKEN_OPTIONS", chicken complains that they are unrecognized.  I
> tried setting "CSC_OPTIONS", but it didn't have any effect.
>
> Where can I specify these options so that they work with chicken-setup?

Hmm, you're right, it doesn't appear to be possible to pass options to csc
itself, only to chicken.  chicken only compiles to C.  Otoh, csc first
calls chicken on an scm to get a C file, then calls a C compiler on the
output to generate a binary.  So chicken can't do it.  I'm not sure how you
can instruct csc to accept extra options for the C compiler.

Maybe someone else on the list knows.

Regards,
Peter
--