Re: [Chicken-users] various questions

From: Peter Busser
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] various questions
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:26:12 +0100

Hi!

> >Is it possible to require-extension on different extensions but each
> >of them having the same exported functions, for example by putting
> >explicitly the extension in a namespace when requiring it ?
>
> No, you would have to use a module system (like provided by
> syntax-case, for example).
>
> >Is there support for choosing a version of an extension, for example
> >if the new version deprecates something my application uses ?
>
> No, this is currently not possible.

Something like this is possible, if you name the extensions carefully.
I have done something like that. I used require to load the extension.

If you have two extension, ext1.so and ext2.so, both with an exported
function ext-test, then you can load the required extension like this:

(require (string-append "ext" (car (command-line-arguments))))
(ext-test)

I'm not sure whether calling require is the right thing to do. But it
worked for me.

Groetjes,
Peter.