[Chicken-users] Using c code from interpreted code

From: minh thu
Subject: [Chicken-users] Using c code from interpreted code
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 00:43:09 +0100

Hi,

I'm new to chicken and would like to ask a few things.

I'd like to use opengl in chicken, via glx.
I haven't seen the glx extension in the xlib bindings. So I think to
write a few c code
to make an opengl context. That code would have just a few functions
to export for chicken (maybe just one or two).

So I tried to use foreign-code as a starter and the interpreter complained.
I understand that foreign-* are available only for compiled code. Right ?

But I've seen the 'inline' eeg. Is the code written with 'inline'
compiled in the same way when using csc ?

In fact the desired behaviour would be :
- using a 'dollar' syntax
- working in csi
- working in csc in the usual way.

Is it possible ?

How is the usual way to write mixed scheme/c program ?
I think of writing a .so with a corresponding .h then let chicken do
the rest with the foreign-* functions. Is-it right ?

(I coud'nt find a description for that in the documentation on the wiki)

-----

Something a bit different.
I tried the example code on the xlib egg page in csi within emacs with quack.
The description said the window should close after the first or second event.
The observed behavior is: the window remains visible and the csi
prompt is back/availble.
Is the code run in a separate thread ? I don't see why it would be so.

Thanks a lot,
VO Minh Thu