Re: [Chicken-users] Coming to Scheme from Python.

From: Tomi Neste
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Coming to Scheme from Python.
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:25:26 +0300

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:27:07 +0300, Simon Wittber <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Chicken Users!

I'm a Python game programmer, and am investigating Scheme (Chicken
Scheme) as a replacement, as I am dissatisfied with Python due to its
inability to use dual core CPU's in Win32 environments.

Are there any other schemer people on this list who write games or
multimedia programs using chicken? I'm interested in checking out
other projects, if any are available...

I'm using/investigating Chicken and Steel Bank Common Lisp (mostly SBCL though) for game development and so far I'm very satisfied with both of them. No finished projects yet (except a few 2d games for my daughter :)) but I have been working on some bindings for various libraries(Haaf's Game Engine, Irrlicht, SDL etc.)