[Chicken-users] status of the cmake build on win32

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-users] status of the cmake build on win32
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:54:21 +0200

Hello!

I have successfully built and run the currentl development version
in Win98 with MSVC 6.0. A few things that should be noted:

- The library-suffixes used for debug/release/... versions of libchicken
 are not such a good idea, dynamic loading of extensions requires
 a distinct name when refering to the runtime library. I had to set
 the build-type to none (previously I used Debug, which resulted in
 a linker error).
- make uninstall seems to be ineffective.

chicken-setup works fine, but since I don't have tar/gunzip on that
system, one has to download and extract the eggs manually. The problem
reported by Brandon (or John?) regarding the ".setup" suffix might
be mingw specific. I have try once more with an installed tar/gunzip.

cheers,
felix

--
http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp