[Chicken-users] Re: CMake problem on Linux should be solved

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: CMake problem on Linux should be solved
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 14:50:49 -0700

Drat.  I was hoping that file level dependencies would cross subdirectory boundaries.  They seem to do it on MinGW, Cygwin, and VS71 - or else the build order just happens to work on those platforms.  Do file dependencies not cross subdirectories on Linux?  Even on the Windows targets, I had to specify the file dependencies as GENERATED to get CMakeSetup to quit complaining.  Previously I've not had to do that, but previously, .scm --> .c was always done in the same directory.

I can put custom targets back in to force the .c files to be built.  But I'd like to know if this is a bug or expected behavior.  Lately I've been avoiding "target wrapping paranoia," that is, the tendency to wrap up all file dependencies in custom targets for fear that file dependencies won't be honored.  It'll be nice if someday the file dependencies and target dependencies are handled in the same way.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every

William A. Hoffman wrote:
I got this error:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `match.c', needed by `static/CMakeFiles/libchicken-static.dir/depend.make.mark'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [static/CMakeFiles/libchicken-static.dir/all] Error 2