Re: [Chicken-users] Re: [CMake] setting a default build type

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: [CMake] setting a default build type
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 05:13:07 +0200

On 9/7/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

 On MSVC my CMakeLists.txt generates Debug, Release, MinSizeRel, and
RelWithDebInfo build types. I want to keep all 4 of 'em. I want to
select MinSizeRel as the default build, so that if an end user just
fires up BUILD_ALL and does nothing else, he'll get a MinSizeRel build.
The default default is "Debug" and that's not what I want. So, is there
a mechanism to specify the default build type? I was unable to deduce
it from the docs if there is one. Seems clear enough how to ship *one*
build type, I'd just do (SET CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE MinSizeRel). But I want
all 4 to be shipped.

Just a side note, in case my misunderstanding of the build-type triggered
an unneeded feature request: I'm fine with "Debug" being the default for
Project builds (like MSVC/Project). I asked Brandon to make MinSizeRel
the default
because I didn't get that this is only supported for mentioned builds.
Just overriding the CFLAGS via ccmake is fine for me.

cheers,
felix

--
http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp