[Chicken-users] lazy-ssax egg

From: Zbigniew
Subject: [Chicken-users] lazy-ssax egg
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 22:12:06 -0500

I pulled out the lazy-ssax stuff out into its own egg.  It requires
the ssax egg and you can use the sxml-tools-extra extension to load a
bunch of other lazy tools (I knew they would come in handy eventually
:)

http://3e8.org/zb/eggs/lazy-ssax.egg

If this looks good I can write an eggdoc and upload it to the egg
repository.  It could also be integrated directly into the ssax egg.
Actually, ssax, sxml-tools and sxml-transforms are all out of date and
should be updated at some point, though they do work well right now.

I think the license is Public Domain but am not sure.

Here's the output of test.scm, which is included in the egg bundle:

address@hidden ~/scheme/lazy-ssax$ csi -R lazy-ssax
#;1> (load "test.scm")

--- Lazy XML-to-SXML conversion
(*TOP* (*PI* xml "version='1.0'")
      (poem (@ (title "The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock")
               (poet "T. S. Eliot"))
            (stanza (line "Let us go then, you and I,") #<promise>)
            #<promise>))
--- Forced promise
((stanza (line "In the room the women come and go") #<promise>) #<promise>)
--- Querying a lazy SXML document, lazily
((line "Let us go then, you and I,") #<promise>)
--- Obtain the next portion of the result
((line "In the room the women come and go") #<promise>)
--- Converting the lazy result to a conventional SXML nodeset
((line "Let us go then, you and I,")
(line "In the room the women come and go"))