Re: [Chicken-users] return a float from foreign function

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] return a float from foreign function
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 22:41:14 -0400

Shawn Rutledge scripsit:

> impl.c:
>
> #include <math.h>
>
> float baz(int i)
> {
>        return (((float)i) / 15.2);
> }

Note that "float" in Chicken foreign types is a synonym for "double",
whereas "float" in C means single-float and "double" means double-float.
So you need to change the C code to say "double" in both place
in order to get this to work at all (except by luck).

> This is with chicken 2.2 and I think 2.3 also has similar problems.  I
> can try 2.41 when it gets done building.

It fails under 2.41 and 2.426 as well.

--
Clear?  Huh!  Why a four-year-old child         John Cowan
could understand this report.  Run out          address@hidden