[Chicken-users] CMake on Cygwin really, really works now

From: John Cowan
Subject: [Chicken-users] CMake on Cygwin really, really works now
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 17:11:03 -0400

Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

> At present, so does mine, on my box.  I'm going to refrain from
> discussing this further until I've minimized my environment.  Then we'll
> know whether my MinGW tools or Platform SDK was really doing the work.

Okay, time for me to eat crow.

The cause of the crashes was that I was in my cmake directory while trying
to test "csi -R srfi-1", *not* because the symbolic links don't work.
They do work.

But if you are in the build directory, you get into trouble because
Windows gets confused and installs DLLs from the current directory first,
even though the current directory is not on the path.

Doing "csi -R srfi" from any other directory is not a problem.  So after
I changed to my home directory or to /usr/local/lib to make the changes,
everything was fine, though not because of those changes, simply because
I was no longer in the build directory.  Sorry about all that.

CMake on Cygwin works!

--
You know, you haven't stopped talking           John Cowan
since I came here. You must have been           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan