Re: [Chicken-users] CMake: "make install" crashes on bad reference to ch

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake: "make install" crashes on bad reference to chicken.html
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 23:44:57 -0700

John Cowan wrote:
Here's the error:

CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/opt/chicken/cmake/cmake_install.cmake:72:
FILE INSTALL cannot find file "/opt/chicken/cmake/chicken.html" to install.
make: *** [install] Error 255

I think that chicken.html was removed when the manual was migrated
to the wiki site.

No, chicken.html is generated from chicken.texi. When you type "make html", what happens? It could be that my "you don't have makeinfo" code is not correct. Hmm, or maybe it really does need to be part of the ALL target. I removed that, thinking that INSTALL would trigger a dependency. Possibly not.

I removed that line from cmake_install.cmake, as well as the next
three lines, which refer to chicken.info, ChangeLog, and ChangeLog-(version).
Chicken then installs, but crashes in the usual way on (use srfi-1).

There's been no movement on the cygchicken-0 issue. To be honest, I'm really bored of issues like that. I mean, I've been at the stupid quoting thing for more than a month, and my capacity for the really dull problems is getting really limited. I was going to Google about what constitutes best practices for Cygwin nomenclature, the lib- vs. the cyg- conventions. I haven't. Can I goad you into doing that homework for us?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every