Re: [Chicken-users] posixunix.exports regexunix.exports

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] posixunix.exports regexunix.exports
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 22:22:20 +0200

On 7/4/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

> Since we need an .exports file for each library unit, and since some
> units
> have different implementations depending on the system configuration,
> we have to rename the exports files.

posix.exports and posixwin.exports are already distinct names.
pcre.exports, pregexp.exports, and regex.exports are already distinct names.

> Using posixunix, etc. instead might
> be a good idea, though. I'll check this out.

I don't care what the .exports name is, I just want it to match the
filename that implements the unit, so that I don't have to write and
maintain special-case build rules.  Renaming posix.scm to posixunix.scm
is trivial in Darcs and CMake, and looks easy in Makefile.am also.

The problem is that the generated .exports file has to match the unitname,
not the filename. Also, posixwin may generate a different exports file than,
say, posix (since the sets of exported toplevel bindings does not completely
overlap).

cheers,
felix