Re: [Chicken-users] chicken.egg builds on Cygwin

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken.egg builds on Cygwin
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:07:05 -0400

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> >Well, almost.  Doing "chicken-setup chicken" with the current (2.320)
> >egg downloads, configures, and builds fine until the "make install"
> >process tries to overwrite chicken-setup.exe, which cannot be done
> >because it is currently running.
>
> I assume this is Cygwin-specific, right?

I would expect that at least some Unixoid systems would fail with ETXTBSY
unless you unlink the old before creating the new.  As I documented a
while back, unlinking in-use files appears to work in Cygwin, but a new
file of the same name cannot be created until the old file is closed.

--
Evolutionary psychology is the theory           John Cowan
that men are nothing but horn-dogs,             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan