Re: [Chicken-users] How to use the tar egg?

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] How to use the tar egg?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 13:22:26 -0400

Peter Busser scripsit:

> Perhaps a stupid question, but how does one open and iterate through a
> tar-file using the tar egg?

Basically you open the tar-file using with-open-file and then repeatedly
invoke tar:open-archived-file on it.  Each call will give you a port
for the next file in the archive, as well as a header object; you get
#!eof and #f instead when there are no more files in the archive.

--
We are lost, lost.  No name, no business, no Precious, nothing.  Only empty.
Only hungry: yes, we are hungry.  A few little fishes, nassty bony little