Re: [Chicken-users] Debugging -- truncating the call-history report?

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Debugging -- truncating the call-history report?
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 12:18:06 -0400

On 5/26/06, Kon Lovett <address@hidden> wrote:
On May 25, 2006, at 4:35 PM, Graham Fawcett wrote:
> First, let me ask the short question: when an uncaught exception
> occurs, is there a way to prevent exception-handler code from
> appearing in the call-history report?
Don't think there is a direct way to do what you want.

You can access the call stack w/ 'get-call-chain' & parse it
yourself.  Good.

SRFI-12 doesn't allow replacing the 'current-exception-handler'
except in a dynamic context. And even if it did the repl substitutes
its' own. Bad.

So, I guess dig into the ##sys#error-handler, ##sys#current-exception-
handler, ##sys#repl-*-hook stuff (look in library.scm & eval.scm).

Not what you wanted to hear.

Well, no -- but at least I know where to look, if I want to pursue
this. You've lit a candle, so I won't curse the darkness. ;-)

Thanks.
Graham