Re: [Chicken-users] Foreign records, exporting and beautifing.

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Foreign records, exporting and beautifing.
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 08:48:54 +0100

On 11/1/05, Pupeno <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello.
> I have about 30 structures with an average number of members of 10. Is it
> possible to export all the related procedures in 30 or so lines (instead of
> 600 ?).

Not unless you directly parse the X structure definitions, I'd say.
But Chicken's C parser is limited and will probably not be able
to handle plain X header files.

> Is it possible to beautify the accessors to be x-event-mirror-code instead of
> XEvent-mirror_code ?

Currently not - one solution might be to write your own version
of define-foreign-record that performs an additional name-transformation.

> If you want to get a look, you can fetch my code with:
> darcs get http://software.pupeno.com/chicken-xlib
> Thank you.

This doesn't look so bad. Thanks for letting me take a peek.

cheers,
felix