Re: [Chicken-users] Facilities on top of SRFI 37: args-fold

From: Michele Simionato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Facilities on top of SRFI 37: args-fold
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 03:17:00 -0400

> On 6/6/05, Zbigniew <address@hidden> wrote:
> > args-fold is a neat design, but it can be somewhat complicated (and
> > tedious) to use.  I figure most people will write support code to make
> > it easier.  Unfortunately I could not find any, so at the risk of
> > reinventing the wheel I wrote my own.

I did the same something like 10 months ago, but then I got frustrated by
other things and never finished it.  My idea was to extract the options
from the usage string, similarly to what I did in this recipe:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/278844

As you say, args-fold is neat in principle, but inusable in practice,
so we really need
an easy-to-use wrapper for it.

            Michele Simionato