[Chicken-users] mixing hygienic and low-level macros

From: Reed Sheridan
Subject: [Chicken-users] mixing hygienic and low-level macros
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:25:01 -0500

Hi,

Looking through the Chicken sources, I see that most macros are defined twice, once with syntax-case and once with low-level macros.  Why go through the trouble of defining them with syntax-case if they're already defined?  Is there some pitfall to mixing the use of define-macro and syntax-case that I'm missing (it seems to work fine for me), and should I worry about this for my own code?