Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken GC

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken GC
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:11:07 -0800

On 22 Mar 2005 10:18:04 +0100, Nicolas Pelletier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am  trying to track down  a bug in my  code or use  of Chicken which
> ends  with either a  SIGSEGV or  a SIGBUS  detected in  C_reclaim... I
> suspect I  might have hit some  GC limit without knowing  it. Is there
> some  documentation  on the  GC,  including  its various  user-tunable
> parameters ?
>
> In the meanwhile, I am recompiling Chicken with debugging turned on to
> get more information.

There shouldn't be any GC limits - problems like this are more
likely caused by corrupt data or performing callbacks without
the proper annotations (i.e. performing callbacks from C to
Scheme without going through a foreign-callback-lambda[*]).

Can you provide some example code? Are you using the FFI
and perhaps callbacks?

cheers,
felix