[Chicken-users] Easy way to find if a variable is already defined?

From: Sunnan
Subject: [Chicken-users] Easy way to find if a variable is already defined?
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 04:40:35 +0100

Is there a (standard or chicken-specific) way to find out if a variable is already defined or not? Eg:

(defined? xyzzy)
-> #f
(define xyzzy (lambda () 'test))
(defined? xyzzy)
-> #t

I know that if one exists, it's not called defined.

This is easy enough to find out from the REPL or by catching an error, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something obvious.

What about other environment inspecting stuff? CL has lots of these, and I'm wondering if they're available for Chicken as well, or if I have to do without.