Re: [Chicken-users] chicken 1.70 - using chicken-setup to install make.e

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken 1.70 - using chicken-setup to install make.egg
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:46:46 +0200

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:57:01 -0500, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I have built chicken 1.70 using ms .net 2003.
> I am trying to install the make extension "make.egg"
> I have the following environment variable set:

chicken-setup is not supported on native windows platforms.
But you can work around it somewhat.

> CHICKEN_HOME=C:\BIN\CHICKEN
> CHICKEN_INCLUDE_PATH=c:\bin\chicken;c:\bin\chicken\include;
> CHICKEN_REPOSITORY=c:\bin\chicken\eggs

Correct.

> C:\bin\chicken
>
> >chicken-setup.scm make
> Error: unbound variable: c-string      <<---------------------------------

chicken-setup has to be compiled to work properly.

What you should do is compile the stuff by hand:

csc make-support.scm -s -O2 -d0
copy make.scm %CHICKEN_REPOSITORY%
copy make-support.dll %CHICKEN_REPOSITORY%

and execute "(require-extension make)" in your code.

Sorry, I can't test it right now, but be assured that it can
be made to work.
Should this not work, let me know. I'll post a solution,
as soon as I'm back home.

cheers,
felix