[Chicken-users] Module systems

From: felix
Subject: [Chicken-users] Module systems
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 22:10:55 +0100

Hello, everybody!

I have an experimental version for a module system and I'd appreciate
any feedback.
You can find it at http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/rax.tgz.
It's based on the Scheme48 system, is somewhat unwieldy, incomplete, possibly
full of
bugs and badly integrated into the rest of the Chicken system, but anyway...

How to use it:

Unpack rax.tgz, and compile rax.scm:

$ csc rax.scm -s

You can compile files that contain module definitions like this:

$ csc x.scm -X rax.so

There is some documentation in rax.html. The system should work both
in compiled and interpreted code, both with lolevel and syntax-case macros.
To use it in interpreter code, load rax.so and enter

#;> (rax:load-file "FILENAME")

to load, expand and evaluate a file with module forms.
For each module (structure) definition in a file, a corresponding file
with the suffix ".m" is generated. To have access to the module exports
in other modules, the .m file has to be in the current path (or in the
path designated by CHICKEN_RAX_PATH).
There are a few .m files for builtin modules, but a good deal is currently
missing.

cheers,
felix