[Chicken-users] Run-time macros, Spiffy 1.10, mole

From: felix
Subject: [Chicken-users] Run-time macros, Spiffy 1.10, mole
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 23:32:53 +0100

Hi, y'all!

Chicken does now default to `compile-time-macros-only', that is
macro definitions, either lowlevel (via `define-macro') and highlevel
(syntax-case) are not available at runtime (in evaluated code).
If needed, use the `-run-time-macros' option or the `run-time-macros'
declaration.
This _may_ trigger some warnings, when building from CVS, but it should
otherwise build ok. If there are any problems, I can provide a tarball.

I've added some benchmarks. On most UNIXish system, a

  make bench

in the source directory will run some benchmark programs.

Spiffy the magic web-server is now available in a new version (1.10):
http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/spiffy-1.10.tar.gz
It provides now a "monitor" program (idea stolen from PLT) that periodically
checks whether the server is responding and, if necessary, restarts
the server. I've added some basic support for caching static data,
and still have to run some timing tests, though.

I've added Kirill Lisovsky's very nice "mole" program to the software
page:
http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/mole.tar.gz

It's a mixture of a documentation generator and a literate programming
tool.

cheers,
felix