Re: [Chicken-users] need idea for read-syntax

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] need idea for read-syntax
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 07:35:54 +0100

Am Mon, 17 Nov 2003 00:28:39 -0600 hat Peter Keller <address@hidden> geschrieben:

BTW, what about

#] ... [#

Hello,

I definitely wouldn't do that #] ... [#

Imagine if you wrote scheme like this:

)print )+ )- 2 3(((

That would be the same mental effect--"where's that closing
bracket???".

That's true. But note that we won't nest #] ... [# in this case.
But you point is still valid, of course.

Also, I didn't like #[ ]# anyway because chicken often makes
[] and () similar, so I read #[ ]# to be sort of a vector notation
which only deviates from a #() when I see the ]#, but that could be
pages later...

How about:

#{ ... }#

Is used already... (as an internal namespace hacking thing).
But that can be changed to something less generic.

Ok, shall it be #{ ... }#, then?

cheers,
felix