Re: [Chicken-users] BLAS

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] BLAS
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 01:14:34 +0200

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:48:39 -0400, TiM <address@hidden> wrote:

greetings,

i need to multiply many exponentially large complex valued matrices as part of a solution that so far has been pure scheme.

i was going to write my own matrix multiplier code and compile it with chicken, but chicken doesn't support complex numbers, and i probably can't write a top performing matrix multiplier in the time i have anyhow.

BLAS (http://www.netlib.org/blas/) appears to be the appropriate tool, but i have no experience with it, and no experience in calling external libraries from scheme.

has someone already written a chicken interface to BLAS that i could use?

IMHO, built in BLAS support (like LUSH has) would be a pretty cool addition to chicken.

thanks for any help,

TiM

Currently I know of no set of BLAS bindings for Chicken, but I guess
it should be not big problem to write a set of bindings for it.
(Tools like SWIG (http://www.swig.org) can help a lot when trying to
interface to external libraries)
I'm also working on an improved foreign-function interface to Chicken
that would make this even easier. Stay tuned...

cheers,
felix