Re: [Chicken-users] problem with require

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] problem with require
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 22:13:13 +0200

Chris Double wrote:
When running csi, if I do a (require 'srfi-13) I get an error:

   Error: (require) can not find required extension: srfi-13

If I run csi from the chicken src directory then it works fine:

(require 'srfi-13)

Have I got something configured incorrectly? What do I need to do to get csi to find srfi-13?

Chris.

For `require' (or `require-for-syntax') to work properly,
the `extension-registry' has to be set up. The easiest way is
to create a directory called `.chicken-registry' in your $HOME
directory and run `csi -setup', like this:

% cd $HOME
% mkdir .chicken-registry
% csi -setup

This installs the extension-registry, with entries for the core
extensions (library units).
Then everything should work. Note that `require' searches the current
directory and the $CHICKEN_INCLUDE_PATH as well (if the extension
can not be found). For that reason executing the require in the
src directory was successful. But that gave you only the source-version,
of course. With the registry properly set up, you can load the compiled
version.

Thanks for using Chicken!

cheers,
felix