[Chicken-users] exceptions and threads

From: Joerg F. Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] exceptions and threads
Date: 16 Dec 2002 19:32:16 +0100

Hi Felix and All,

could I please get confirmation on the idea that threads and
exceptions are actually incompatible within chicken?

I do have threads with user interaction and such without.  This
situation requires me to establish exception handlers on a per threads
basis.  I strongly believe that exceptions should alsways, at least
usually be handled on a per thread basis.

If my reading of the chicken sources is correct, I propose to make the
current-exception-handler a parameter.

Any objections?

Best regards

/Jörg

--
The worst of harm may often result from the best of intentions.