[Chicken-users] Solaris varargs.h

From: tonyg
Subject: [Chicken-users] Solaris varargs.h
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:20:55 +0100

Hi... in runtime.c, we see the following fragment:

/* This seems to be needed under Solaris (suggested by Sven Hartrumpf): */
#ifdef __GCC_NEW_VARARGS__
# include "varargs.h"
#endif

Unfortunately, this causes compilation of Chicken to choke on all our
Solaris machines - varargs is the oldfashioned MO, stdarg.h is the new
- so I'm wondering, Sven, which combination of SunOS and compiler make
and model are you using?

For me, using SunOS 5.7 and 5.8, and GCC versions 2.95.2, 2.95.3,
3.0.4, and 3.2, I've had to remove the #include "varargs.h" to make
chicken compile... so perhaps an #ifdef for OS/compiler version is
needed?

Cheers,
  Tony