Re: [Chicken-users] compiler error fixup

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] compiler error fixup
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 09:18:20 +0200

Peter Keller wrote:
Hello,

So, I was writing some code and got this:

Linux black > ./fastarg test.fa
Error: (length) bad argument type  10
writing stack-trace...
last traced call: address@hidden
Linux black >
Now, I happen to know where this call happened and why it broke, but it
struck me that the above error didn't return any line number information or
which file had the problem. Do you think this could get fixed?

There definitely should be a reference to the offending source-file.
Escepially in a situation where many dynamically loaded files
are loaded, it is helpful to know where the error occurred.

I'm not sure what you mean with the line-number: the "address@hidden" message
above tells it: it is (should be) line 29. Macro-expansion can
sometimes slightly change the locaton, though: the code that is
generated by the expansion (the code "inside" the macro-def)
will have the same line-number as the "top-level" macro expression.

cheers,
felix