chicken-hackers

Re: Default file creation mode for core/scsh-process sets executable bit

From: Evan Hanson
Subject: Re: Default file creation mode for core/scsh-process sets executable bit
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 08:42:22 +1200

On 2020-05-07 16:43, Vasilij Schneidermann wrote:
> Which of the following options would you prefer?
>
> 1. Patching scsh-process to pass the correct file mask when using `file-open`.
> 2. Patching posixunix.scm to calculate a better default.

Option 2 seems preferable to me; it should at least match `open-output-file'
if not the umask, but either change will be backwards-incompatible so anything
we do will probably nee a CR.

But in the meantime, why not option 1 as well? It wouldn't hurt to be explicit
in scsh-process, and given that it is intended to be a shell-like tool I would
expect the umask to kick in regardless of what core does.

Evan