cgitechs-public

[Cgitechs-public] strapless gangrene

From: Maximilian Weeks
Subject: [Cgitechs-public] strapless gangrene
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:43:00 -0500

Talking to a few folks who did embrace our language motivated me to take a quick survey of the places where our patterns pop up. Cap'n Meryl is also the author of "The World At My Feet. The difficulties we had describing what we were trying to do to my fellow ThoughtWorkers on other projects prompted me to discuss the different forms of asynchrony in a little more detail.
It's difficult to put the experience into words. "It's not any different than when Reuters opens up a bureau in a part of the world that has a fast-growing economy that we weren't in before.
Today you are not cool if you have not done a podcast. In my eyes this is really the best indicator of success for a pattern language.
"It's not any different than when Reuters opens up a bureau in a part of the world that has a fast-growing economy that we weren't in before.
After "loosely coupled", "stateless" must be a close runner-up as the ultimate nirvana in buzzword-compliant architectures.
Invariably, the answer is "it depends".
Dependency Injection avoids these dependencies and therefore improves testability.
Ideally, the debate would involve alcoholic beverages and the other person would pick up the check.
However, when building distributed applications, that asymmetry really has no place. But it makes me feel better that Ted Neward seems to beat me in that category, though. At the same time, anyone who has seen my book must believe me when I say that I am a very visual person. We chose an event-driven architectural style that processes events as they occur. While Java is not necessarily the greatest language to "host" a DSL we can go a lot further than developers generally believe or care for. This time, though, Ken Arnold stole a little bit of my show by publishing an excellent article in ACM Queue magazine called "Programmers are People, too". Talking to a few folks who did embrace our language motivated me to take a quick survey of the places where our patterns pop up. After a lot of deja-vu in Windows GDI programming I created a toolkit that contains each pattern as a small executable. Cap'n Meryl is also the author of "The World At My Feet.