[certi-dev] Strange behaviour with object names

From: Mattias Helsing
Subject: [certi-dev] Strange behaviour with object names
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 11:09:51 +0200

Hi,

I have a problem with object names. I'm using HLA-1.3 parts of CERTI
and have tested this with CERTI-3.4.3 and 3.5.1. I haven't checked out
the master.

Problem arose when we discovered that  handles to objects that we
passed in interactions were mysteriously NULLed on the receiver end.

After some debugging I can see that when my federate registers a new
Object instance, without giving a name, it is automatically assigned a
name in Federation::registerObject(...). But this name is never
propagated to the response sent by rtig to rtia. Then when my federate
asks the ambassador for the object name it receives another
automatically created name. This name is generated by
ObjectSet::registerObjectInstance(..) (in rtia).

I can work around the issue I guess by naming my objects myself. Or I
could hack CERTI to generate similar names.

rtig creates the object with the name "HLAObject_1"
I asks for the newly created objects name
the response is "HLAobject_1"
HLAObject_1 <> HLAobject_1

Is the above behaviour a bug or a feature, i.e. am I using CERTI in
the wrong way?

cheers
Mattias