Re: [certi-dev] 1516-2010 Implementation

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] 1516-2010 Implementation
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 14:02:02 +0100

> Dear all,
>
> I've seen that you started to implement the 1516e standard, is this
> correct? What is the status for that?

This is correct.
The status is to rapidly achieve support the same set of  services than
the current 1516 implementation.
Afterwards I will implement modular FOM.

Any help for working on this evolution is welcome, basically I will need
testers on as many platform/compiler combination as possible.

Current status is: it compiles on Linux and I did add a new test
in  certi/test/testFederate which should run equally in 1.3, 1516 and 1516e.
I did not do much testing until now.

Note that the addition of IEEE1516e support as a noticeable side effect
on the source layout. I do my best not to break existing thing but CERTI
now install version specific headers in version specific directories:

include/hla13
include/ieee1516-2000
include/ieee1516-2010
include/libhla

so that include path of federate may need update.

Libraries and executable don't need specific dir because libraries
have version specific names and executable (rtia, rtig) are multi-standard
by design.

> Currently the code is breaking the build. I fixed it for myself, see
> attached patch.

Sorry for that and thank you, I did not have time to try & compile on Windows
before my holiday break, I'll continue the work with more testing this week.

I hope to have something working for basic test by the end of the week of
may the middle of next week.

> Basically the following has to be fixed:
> - CMakeList.txt --> use of VARDATA1516_SRCS instead of VARDATA1516E_SRCS
> - use of unsigned long instead of size_t in Handle.cpp and
> RTIVariableLengthData.cpp

Thanks you for that,
reviewed and applied.