Re: [certi-dev] Win7 + VS2008 compile CERTI 3.4.0 error!

From: REGUEIRO Jon
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Win7 + VS2008 compile CERTI 3.4.0 error!
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 15:12:12 +0200

Le 23.04.2012 11:02, Eric Noulard a écrit :
2012/4/23 REGUEIRO Jon <address@hidden>:
Hi,

I am new working with CERTI and I am having some problems while trying to
compile it for Win7.

Here you are details about my system:
-------------------------------------
Windows 7 Professional (32 bit)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
CERTI 3.4.0

I have installed Bison, Flex and M4 as it is said in the documentation (http://www.nongnu.org/certi/certi_doc/Install/html/index.html). However, I
get this error messages from VS2008.

5>C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin\bison.exe: m4: No such file or directory 5>Project : error PRJ0019: Un outil a retourné un code d'erreur à partir de
"Generating syntax.cc, syntax.h"

m4 is called (internally) by bison (as stated by the previous error message)
thus m4 should be in your PATH.

Try to put m4 in the PATH.
[..]

I think (untested though) that byacc
(http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/byacc.htm)
should work with CERTI as well and doesn't have the m4 dependency issue.

Thank you for your help in advance!
Jon

http://www.le-message.org

Hi Eric,

I have added the m4 directory to system's PATH and now it works!
However, I have learned that it is not a good idea to install Bison in a directory which contain spaces ("d:\program files\gnu32\bin"). It causes error.

Thank you very much for your help!
Jon