Re: [certi-dev] CERTI Windows build

From: Jan-Patrick Osterloh
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI Windows build
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 17:56:05 +0200

Am 15.09.2011 18:35, schrieb Eric Noulard:
> 2011/9/15 Jan-Patrick Osterloh <address@hidden>:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I tried to compile the current version of the CVS version of CERTI on
>> windows with mingw. My plan is to setup a nightly build once it is
>> working with a fresh checkout. I personally use a fixed version from
>> Christoph Läsche.
>>
>> Right now, I have the following compile problems:
> Jean Phillippe LEBEL from forward is interested in a working [out of
> the box] windows build of CERTI.
> May be with MSVC instead of mingw but, I think there are mostly common issues.
>
> Please |re-]read this ML thread:
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/certi-devel/2011-09/msg00002.html
>
> and bug/patched refered therein:
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/certi-devel/2011-09/msg00006.html
Ok, I read from this that I should apply the three patches you mention
below.

>> Linking CXX shared library ../RTI-NGd.dll
>> Info: resolving vtable for std::exception by linking to
> [...]
>> warning: auto-importing has been activated without --enable-auto-import
>> specified on the command line.
>> This should work unless it involves constant data structures referencing
>> symbols from auto-imported DLLs.
> what is the auto-import feature?

See: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/compile.html - Auto-import section.
I don't know if we need to fix this.

>> CMakeFiles/RTI.dir/objects.a(RTIambPrivateRefs.obj):d:/home/patrick/eclipse/certi/certi2/libRTI/RTIambPrivateRefs.cc:773:
>> undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10RTIfedTimeC1ERKd'
>>
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[2]: *** [RTI-NGd.dll] Error 1
>> make[1]: *** [libRTI/CMakeFiles/RTI.dir/all] Error 2
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
> libRTI-NG is missing symbols from libFedTime.
>
>> What shall I do now? Do you have a patch for this (at least I remember
>> something like a patch for FedTime??)?
> Yes there is some:
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7566
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7569
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?30003

Ok, I started with

https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7566

I downloaded the file and stored it to my certi folder. The I'd tried to
run "patch -i fedtime_windows.patch". This resulted in the following
output:
patching file `CMakeLists.txt'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 91.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 151.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to CMakeLists.txt.rej. I
attached CMakeLists.txt.rej.

What I'm doing wrong? Sorry, but I'm not so familiar with CVS (we are
using SVN internally) and "patch".

> but none of this was in satifactory state for being merged to HEAD.
> I won't have much time for Windows testing but I would be pleased
> to review windows relatred-patch and run non-regression tests on unix
> platform.
>
> I'm sure we can end-up with something satisfactory for both Windows
> and Linux (or other unices).
> Once we are in that state we can setup systematic build
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/certi-devel/2008-10/msg00028.html
> in order to avoid breaking the Windows build again.
This dashboard thing looks interesting. I'm willing to setup something
that performs a nightly build on windows, with mingw. In fact we are
already doing something like this for our own software, and I'd like to
extend it with a CERTI nightly build. Does this CDash means, I simply
have to call "ctest --overwrite Site="OFF" -D Nightly", and the rest is
done automatically? I tried it, but it wasn't able to upload the data.

JPO

--
Dipl. Inform. Jan-Patrick Osterloh
FuE Bereich Verkehr | R&D Division Transportation

OFFIS
FuE Bereich Verkehr | R&D Division Transport
Escherweg 2 - 26121 Oldenburg - Germany
Phone/Fax: +49 441 97 22-524/502
E-Mail: address@hidden