Re: [certi-dev] Comments regarding hla 1.3 imlpementation in Certi 3.4

From: Jean-Philippe Lebel
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Comments regarding hla 1.3 imlpementation in Certi 3.4
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:04:28 -0400

On 26/07/2011 5:39 AM, Eric Noulard wrote:
Done in CVS HEAD. You may give it a try however we added another method "displayMe()" which enables CERTI to easily trace every launched exception (debug purpose) I may try to remove it from the public API as well but it'll take me some more time since we really want to keep the feature.

Maybe that function should be put in a #ifdef _DEBUG statement?

DLC 1.3 document does not say that?
Which "document" are you refering to?

In fact I think we are not speaking of being DLC 1.3
but being compatible with latest RTIG-NGv6
and Pitch/MAK/Portico/.... 1.3 API right?

I don't know for RTIG-NBv6 nor Pitch or Mak since
I don't have them. but Portico NG6 compatible libs
are built with the "lib" prefix on windows as well.
I've just read the SISO-STD-004-2004 DLC specification and it seems that the libraries should be named librti13.dll and libfedtime13.dll. Basically, you are right that changing the DLL's name to libRTI-NG and libFedTime would bring a binary compatibly between CERTI and Pitch, Mak and Portico.

I can confirm that Mak, Pitch and Portico use the same naming scheme (libRTI-NG.dll and libFedTime.dll) for their 1.3 bindings.

I think this would a good thing. We receive a lot of request from people switching between two RTI (for various reasons: speed, cost, installation problem, etc, etc, etc)

If you decide that change the name of the DLLs , I would add CERTI to our automated testing system which would be great for both product.

Is there anyone else in the CERTI community who has an opinion on that question?

--
Jean-Philippe Lebel, ing., MBA
ForwardSim inc.