Re: [certi-dev] Problems using timed simulation

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Problems using timed simulation
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 08:00:14 +0200

2011/5/23 Christoph Laesche <address@hidden>:
> On 05/23/2011 04:21 PM, Eric Noulard wrote:
>> 2011/5/23 Christoph Laesche <address@hidden>:
>>> The other problem is with the RTI1516fedTime class itself. It implements
>>> various operators which require an LogicalTimeInterval object. As far as
>>> i can see, there is a RTI1516fedTimeInterval object which implements the
>>> LogicalTimeInterval. However, the operator functions of the
>>> RTI1516fedTime class cast the LogicalTimeInterval object to a
>>> HLA1516fedTime object (unfortunately without throwing an exception so
>>> one won't notice if it fails). So, how am i supposed to, e.g., add a
>>> time to an RTI1516fedTime object when I am required to provide an
>>> RTI1516fedTime to the operator+= function which is not a derived class
>>> of LogicalTimeInterval? Am i missing something?

[...]

>> If if is 3.4.0, could you try CVS HEAD?
>
> I've checked out the cvs and found the problem there, too. It is in the
> file libRTI/RTI1516fedTime.cpp in line 137 (for operator+=) and in line
> 158 (for operator-=).

Ok, this was just plain wrong.
This is a bug.
This kind of bug may seems odd but our 1516 implementation is
relatively new compared
to 1.3 so such stupid thing like this may happen due to the lack of time
for thorough testing... :-(
I did try a blind fix and committed it to CVS HEAD,
so please update your CVS tree and retry.

I won't have much time now to investigate the "time issue" now
but I would kindly take time to review patch proposal in this area.

I would be glad to ear about your pitch to CERTI porting experience.
may you can send us your master thesis when it is written.

http://www.april.org