RE: [certi-dev] PyHLA federate example

From: Gotthard, Petr
Subject: RE: [certi-dev] PyHLA federate example
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 10:07:05 +0200

> I did RTFM, however I was missing some complete example for UAV/RAV
> matching pair in Python.

Well, by combining the read-only and the write-only federate, you get a
complete UAV/RAV example.

> I'll begin with your previous files and come back to you if needed.
> May be we can put in the applications/HLA_Tutorial  an example in each
> supported language binding that way it would be easier for someone
> (like me) wanting to go from C++ to Python to compare the examples
> side-by-side.
>
> What do you think?

I like the idea of having the same functionality implemented in several
languages. I personally prefer simple one-file examples because I can
easy understand them and combine together in a way I like.

> By the way the tutorial is not [yet] using libHLA for data encoding,
> which would definitely be nice to update
> this is sideote for whoever (including me) find the time to do it:
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/index.php?9525

See above. I think it would be good to have more examples, one using
libHLA and another not using libHLA. But unfortunately I have currently
no time to implement it. :-(

Petr