RE: [certi-dev] Small poll : Why are you using CERTI ?

From: Gotthard, Petr
Subject: RE: [certi-dev] Small poll : Why are you using CERTI ?
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 22:42:44 +0200

Hello,
I'm using CERTI because I need a free HLA RTI with C++ API that could be
used by individuals/organizations that cannot afford purchasing a
commercial HLA RTI.

I like HLA because
 -- it's a standartized, and thus (ideally) assures interoperability
with other federations
 -- it's used by US govermnment agencies

I need C++ API because most of the simulation software I'm using is in
C/C++.

I like CERTI because
 -- it's free (see above)
 -- it's open, so we can fix it quickly if necessary (even MAK RTI
crashes and it cannot be quickly fixed)
 -- the license allows inclusion of CERTI in a proprietary software
 -- it has satisfying quality
 -- it's still evolving
 -- it works both under Linux and Windows
 -- it has no Java inside, so it doesn't have poor performance, complex
installation and startup
 -- I don't really mind it's HLA 1.3 only
 -- it has a friendly and supportive mailing list ;-)

So... thank you for the good job you're doing... and don't give up.

Best Regards,
Petr