[certi-dev] Re: When should a constraint federate receive RO message?

From: Christian Stenzel
Subject: [certi-dev] Re: When should a constraint federate receive RO message?
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 11:01:13 +0200

Bonjour Pierre,

1°) I do not find again the classification of the callbacks in TSO, RO
and Commands.
So, if the timeConstrainedEnabled is a command, the side effect disappears.

Here are the corresponding code fragments (RTIA/RTIA_network.cc, line 329-338)

     case NetworkMessage::TIME_REGULATION_ENABLED:
         D.Out(pdTrace, "Receiving Message from RTIG, "
                         " type TimeRegulationEnabled.");
         queues->insertFifoMessage(msg);
         break ;
     case NetworkMessage::TIME_CONSTRAINED_ENABLED:
         D.Out(pdTrace, "Receiving Message from RTIG, "
                         " type TimeConstrainedEnabled.");
         queues->insertFifoMessage(msg);
         break;

Here I was indeed unsure how to treat the callbacks. Now, as one
can see, all are treated as RO.
I'm not very familiar with the command handling in CERTI.
But I suppose commands are another queue. When are commands invoked or transmitted from RTIA to the federate?
I further suppose that the delivery of commands is independent
from the current TRE/TCE state of the federate.

So perhaps this is a better option.