[certi-dev] Request for comments: IEEE 1516.2 compliant encoding

From: Gotthard,Petr
Subject: [certi-dev] Request for comments: IEEE 1516.2 compliant encoding
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 14:47:18 +0200

Hi everybody,
I've made an attempt to implement encoding functions that support
datatypes defined in IEEE 1516.2
http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6534

I would appreciate a feedback from you, particularly regarding the
following issues:

(1) user friendliness
There is a test application (encod.cpp) that shows how the templates can
be used. Any suggestions to be yet more user friendly?

(2) efficiency vs. C++ compiler compatibility
To achieve the highest efficiency I used a template metaprogramming and
one extraordinary trick (static_cast of the "this" pointer). After
thinking a lot I believe this trick is correct and does not break
portability to other C++ compilers. Any thoughts?
I've tested my implementation under Linux/GCC and Windows/MSVC. What
else do you use?

(3) CVS repository
Where would you store it? It's not application-specific (so it's not
good to stored it in address@hidden) and it's not a standartized
HLA API (so it's not good to store it directly in CERTI).

Best Regards,
Petr