[Ccrtp-devel] rtp sending frequency

From: Yue Liu
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] rtp sending frequency
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:40:04 -0800

I'm a newbie to rtp protocol and I'm trying out the demo program rtpsend and rtplisten.

It worked fine, until I bumped up sending frequency (packetsPerSecond) to 100. I started to experience losing messages, and even no receive at all when frequency is set even higher (300).

I'm sending a "hello" string as my payload.

Is it a limitation on rtp? UDP doesn't seem to have this problem. (although ordering is an issue, and that's why I'm trying rtp)

Thanks
George