[Ccrtp-devel] Timestamp overflow problem

From: John Graham
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] Timestamp overflow problem
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 16:11:41 +0100

Hi there,

We've been using ccRTP quite happily, but now we've started doing
longer tests on our system, we're noticing that the audio sometimes
drops off.

>From the syslog messages we're sending to a monitor server on our
network, this seems to always happen around the time the timestamp we
pass to ost::OutgoingDataQueue::putData() wraps around to zero.

I see there's been an issue noticed in a fairly old thread (in 2008,
here: http://old.nabble.com/Overflow-bug-in-outqueue.cpp-td17254804.html)
relating to version 1.2.2 and the comments in outqueue.cpp seem to
suggest that this is being taken care of in the code, yet we're still
experiencing this problem.

We're using ccrtp-1.7.1, cross-compiled for arm and unpatched (save
for two files in demo/ to get it to compile on a few different
targets), and I have two captures of the RTP data around the time this
happens, as well as our (sparse) syslog data sent out over the
network.

What can we do about this?

Thanks,

John Graham