RE: [Ccrtp-devel] how to generate keystream segment for SRTP header

From: Yogesh Devidas Patil
Subject: RE: [Ccrtp-devel] how to generate keystream segment for SRTP header
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:55:37 +0530

I am implementing it for differant project. I have looked through the source
files and
found working of encryption  algo as

16 bits
 * <----->
 * +------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+
 * |           nonce           |    pakcet index    |  ctr |---+
 * +------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+   |
 *                                                             |
 * +------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+   v
 * |                      salt                      |000000|->(+)
 * +------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+   |
 *                                                             |
 *                                                        +---------+
 *                                                        | encrypt |
 * |                    keystream block                    |<--+

Doesn't this daviates from SRTP RFC specification ?
And how should i choose nonce value?

Regards
Yogesh Patil