[Ccrtp-devel] Calculaing Jitter, Delay and Lost Packets for a session.

From: Devdutt Patnaik
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] Calculaing Jitter, Delay and Lost Packets for a session.
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:51:28 -0400

Hi All,

I have been using ccRTP for a week now and have written a program that creates a number of SymmetricRTPSession channels.
However I do not create objects that inherit from the SymmetricRTPSession object or an RTPSession object as is done in the rtpListen example.
I use the session objects directly.

I wish to calculate the jitter, loss and delay for the packets that I am receiving on these channels. I looked at the docs and found a couple of APIs.
However as I am not inheriting from the RTPSession objects I think I am unable to call into the methods that would give me this information.

Is my understanding correct ? Is there a way to obtain this information directly from the RTPSession objects without having to re-define QueueRTCPManager methods ?
Or do I have to go in that direction ? Any general information about how I can get hold of these metrics would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

-Devdutt.