Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Need to adapt configuration files for libgcrypt

From: Werner Dittmann
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Need to adapt configuration files for libgcrypt
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:28:35 +0100

David,

the macro is fairly simple, not really big (even I understand what
this macro does :-) ). So, probably I could copy it into the local
m4 directory, rename it for example to "local_libgcrypt.m4" and also
rename the macro names if necessary to avoid confusion with the
original macro. Thus we have a local implementation. Putting in the
refrence to the original macro would enable us to track this.

Unfortunatly libgcrypt also uses a non-standard way for pkg-config, it
has its own mechanisms (shell script) that the libgcryt package installs
(usually in /usr/bin). This is called "libgcrypt-config". This is why
the maintainer also introduced an own macro.

IMHO having a local copy is the safest way - on the other hand yet
another additional unnecessary "manual" dependency to maintain. I also
was puzzeled when I discovered this circular dependency you mentioned.
I'll contact Werner Koch to see if he has some ideas how to solve this
problem.

Regards,
Werner